Good day to you all!
Bananas are a storehouse of potassium and protein. It’s versatility has no match. People all over are busy making banana bread with overripe bananas this quarantine. How about a scoop of some banana ice cream on top of that? Delicious right. How about I tell you that this ice cream needs no churner, no specific cream and can be made by anyone using just two ingredients. Pretty dope right? Let’s dive into the recipe then..
- Overripe Banana- 2 nos (weighed 160 gm after freezing)
- Milk- 50 ml
- Vanilla essence- 1 tsp (flavor and aroma)
- Honey- 1 tbsp (for sweetness)
- Cinnamon powder- 1/2 tsp (for flavor and aroma)
- Slice up a ripe banana and freeze it overnight.
- In a blender, add the frozen banana slices and the milk. Make sure it’s not a big lump of frozen banana slices that you put in the blender. It will damage your blender blades.
- Add in the optional ingredients if you want to, but it tastes really delicious with just these two ingredients.
- Blend till you get a thick and creamy consistency.
- It will look like a thick pouring liquid.
- Taste it to suit your taste needs and add ingredients accordingly.
- Pour in a container and freeze overnight. Your ice cream is ready!
- To prevent the slices from sticking to each other, place them side by side in a tray and freeze.
- Do not blend it too much or it will have air bubbles in it.
- The banana converts all the starches into sugars resulting in a naturally very sweet banana as it ripens.
Thank you for checking my blog out. Subscribe if you like my content and would want weekly updates. Checkout my Instagram account for regular updates. Do tag me on Instagram if you try out my recipes, that would motivate me to keep blogging. Feel free to drop any suggestions or questions. Thank you :)!