Good day to you all!
I was introduced to granola through breakfast buffets. Since then, I have always wanted to make some at home so I can gorge on it anytime, anywhere. When eaten in moderation, using a healthy homemade recipe, granola is an excellent source of fiber, iron, heart healthy fats, and protein. Sure you can buy them, but store bought granola has added sugars, preservatives, excess oil and therefore end up being unhealthy for you and your body, not to mention the exorbitant prices charged for a meagre amount of granola.
- Oats: 225 gm
- Seeds and nuts( cashews, almond, raisin, fig, pistachio, pumpkin seed, watermelon seed, sunflower seed) : 100 gm
- Shredded coconut: 50 gm
- Jaggery: 20 gm
- Refined oil: 50 ml
- Honey/ Maple syrup: 50 ml
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Berry and chia seed trail mix: 80 gm
- In a bowl, mix the seeds, nuts, shredded coconut and oats together.
- Crush the jaggery and mix it with oil and honey in a separate bowl. Add 1/2 tsp salt to it and mix well.
- Add this to the oats mix and mix really well.
- Pour the mixture onto a greased baking tray or a tray lined with a baking paper. A greased baking tray works absolutely fine.
- Bake the granola in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Centigrade/ 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir every 10 minutes and bake for 40 minutes.
- The granola will become golden and crispy. Once out of the oven, let it cool down.
- Mix the berries and chia seed trail mix (Order online on Amazon- not sponsored just my personal recommendation) in the granola.
- Store in airtight containers and it will last you for weeks.
- I bet your kitchen is smelling lovely right now, because mine definitely did. Go ahead and bake this right away. Happy baking!
- Granola is extremely versatile, you can play with the ingredients and produce new variations every single time.
- I used store bought steel cut oats, you can definitely go for the traditional rolled oats, which is healthier.
- This is a vegetarian and gluten free recipe.
- The seeds and nuts ensure a nutrient dense granola.
Thank you for checking my blog out. Subscribe if you like my content and would want weekly updates. Checkout my Instagram account for regular updates. Do tag me on Instagram if you try out my recipes, that would motivate me to keep blogging. Feel free to drop any suggestions or questions. Thank you :)!