Good day to you all!
There are few recipes that are simple yet delicious. Well this one is definitely one of them. Go ahead and make this one with kids and have fun finishing these donuts. These donuts are not made using yeast and requires a choux dough. Choux paste is a difficult paste but once you know how to handle a choux it is super simple. Follow this recipe to the t and you will be good to go. I chose to finish these donuts by dusting some icing sugar on top. You can go ahead and be creative with your toppings and glazes. I would suggest a classic dark chocolate and chocolate chip finishing. You can also make a caramel glaze and sprinkle some nuts on top.
- Butter- 70 gm
- Water- 70 ml
- Milk- 70 ml
- Sugar- 25 gm
- Egg- 175 gm or 3.5 nos.
- Flour- 100 gm
- Icing sugar- for dusting
- Refined oil- for deep frying
- In a saucepan, heat the butter, milk, water and sugar together.
- Stir on medium flame using a whisk till the butter and sugar dissolves completely. Increase the flame and let it come to a boil.
- Add the flour to the saucepan and cook for about two minutes using a spatula. It should resemble a dough and it should leave the sides of the pan.
- Remove from flame and wait for a minute to cool it. If you add the eggs while the mixture is too hot, it might cook the eggs immediately.
- Now add the eggs one by one, mixing each of them thoroughly before adding the next one using a spatula.
- You will get a smooth and shiny dough.
- Heat up oil in a kadhai or pan for deep frying. Fill the dough in a piping bag and pipe out the dough and cut small amounts using a scissor.
- Fry for around a minute and then turn it on the other side making sure it is golden evenly. The donuts puff up immediately.
- Place on a napkin after frying to soak the excess oil out. Dust it with some icing sugar and serve. You can also dip it in chocolate and decorate these donuts with some sprinkles and sugar balls.
- Do not cut out bigger portions as it may not puff up.
- These donuts can be had by those who are suffering from yeast allergy too.
Thank you for checking my blog out. Subscribe if you like my content and would want weekly updates. Checkout my Instagram account for regular updates. Do tag me on Instagram if you try out my recipes, that would motivate me to keep blogging. Feel free to drop any suggestions or questions. Thank you :)!