Good day to you all!
Cookies is something I can never have enough of, so here is another cookie recipe. This one is for my chewy and soft cookie lovers. It is an egg-less cookie so suitable for all vegans and vegetarians out there. This cookie is made with no added sugar and fat and will still leave you craving for more.
- Bananas (ripe) – 2 pcs or 200 gm
- Oats-100 gm
- Peanut butter- 30 gm
- Chocolate chips- 20 gm
- Honey- 10 gm
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Vanilla essence- 1 tbsp
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mash the ripe bananas well.
- Add the peanut butter, honey, salt and vanilla essence. Mix really well.
- Add in the oats. Mix well and adjust the amount of honey according to your taste in case you prefer a sweeter cookie.
- The mix won’t be absolutely dry and pliable. It would be a thick mixture that you would be able to shape and place on your baking tray.
- Grease your baking tray or place a baking paper. Shape and place the cookies and sprinkle some chocolate chip on top. You can also make a hole and place some peanut butter in the center of the cookie. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to half an hour.
- Now bake them at 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes.
- You can choose to not bake them right away. You can store them in an air-tight container with baking paper in between to prevent them from sticking to each other. Freeze them for up to three days.
- Honey is also a form of sugar, however it is healthier than refined sugar. Since the bananas are already sweet, you may choose to skip it if you prefer the taste.
- These cookies are super easy to make, you do not need any fancy equipment, all you need is a bowl and a fork.
- The peanut butter that I used is a fat and sugar free version. It contains just the roasted peanuts.
- If you want to make your own peanut butter at home all you need is some peanuts. Roast the peanuts and remove the outer skin. Now blend it in the mixer till creamy. This will take some time so have patience. To make a crunchy version, just reserve some peanuts after removing the skin. Crush them and add them to the peanut butter.
Thank you for checking my blog out. Subscribe if you like my content and would want weekly updates. Checkout my Instagram accounts for regular updates.