Good day to you all!
I am not exaggerating but these muffins bake to be such soft and delicious little dollops of joy. The bits of coconut in this add a crunchy element to the muffins. Perfect for having with breakfast or any time that you have some sweet tooth. Made with overripe bananas these muffins are easy to bake and requires basic ingredients found in your kitchen. You might be wondering about the difference between cupcakes and muffins. Well it’s actually pretty simple, muffins are had at breakfast and cupcakes are had for dessert. Muffins have toppings and cupcakes have frostings. Muffins can be considered a miniature version of bread and cupcakes can be considered as a miniature version of a cake. Here’s the recipe:
- Overripe banana- 2 nos. or 150 gm
- Egg- 1 nos or 53 gm
- Icing sugar/ powdered sugar- 50 gm
- Coconut oil- 50 ml
- Coconut (chopped)- 20 gm
- Flour- 120 gm
- Baking powder- 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda- 1/4 tsp
- Ground cinnamon- 1 tbsp
- Raisins- 30 gm
- Vanilla essence- 1 tbsp
- Preheat your microwave at 190 degrees Celsius or 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Soak the raisins in water.
- In a bowl, mash the bananas using a fork. Now add an egg and whisk it well.
- Add icing sugar and whisk well till combined.
- Add coconut oil and mix well.
- Now sift the flour, baking powder and soda.
- Add these to the bowl. Fold the flour in using a spatula. Do not over mix.
- Chop up half the raisins and add to the batter. Add the chopped coconut pieces, ground cinnamon and vanilla essence to the batter.
- In minimum strokes fold these in. Again just mix till needed.
- Grease your muffin molds. If you are using silicon mold, you do need to grease it.
- Pour the batter till 3/4th of the mold and add the raisins as toppings on top.
- Bake at 190 degrees Celsius or 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Poke a knife or a skewer and if it comes out clean, then its done! In case the top don’t get desired color, increase the temperature and bake for 5 minutes.
- In case the tops become golden and brown, and the muffins are not done yet, place a piece of foil or baking paper on top to prevent further browning and continue baking.
- Happy baking!
- You can choose any kind of toppings that you want like raisins, coconut flakes, almond flakes.
- These muffins taste best served fresh and hot.
- If you do not find ground cinnamon, pound some whole cinnamon and then pass through a sieve.
Thank you for checking my blog out. Subscribe if you like my content and would want weekly updates. Checkout my Instagram account for regular updates. Do tag me on Instagram if you try out my recipes, that would motivate me to keep blogging. Feel free to drop any suggestions or questions. Thank you :)!