Good day to you all!
Bread and butter pudding is such a classic. Usually made with leftover bread, but you can also use some fresh ones for making this dessert. It is delicious yet so simple. It is a perfect example of how simple ingredients can make a lovely and rich dessert. You can also have it for breakfast and will leave you satiated for a good chunk of the day. In this recipe we prepare our very own custard instead of using store bought custard powder.
- Bread- 4 pcs
- Egg- 2 nos
- Milk- 250 ml
- Sugar- 40 gm
- Butter- 50 gm
- Vanilla essence- 1 tbsp
- Cashews- 20 gm
- Raisins- 20 gm
- Cinnamon powder- 1 tsp
- Soak the cashew and raisins in water. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Centigrade or 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a saucepan, heat up the milk and sugar on a medium flame, till the sugar dissolves.
- If the milk gets too heated up, cool it down as the egg might get cooked at high temperature. Whisk the eggs in the mixture. Whisk it well.
- Add vanilla essence and cinnamon powder to the mixture.
- Trim the edges of the bread and the cut it into two halves to get two triangular pieces.
- In a fry pan, fry the bread slices using generous amounts of butter till golden.
- Now in a baking dish, arrange the fried bread slices. Now pour the mixture on top of it. Add the soaked cashews and raisins. Place few chunks of butter all over the dish which will melt while baking.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Centigrade or 356 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle some condensed milk on top for added flavor or just simply cut yourself a chunk of this buttery delight.
- Serve as a dessert or maybe a snack.
- If you want your pudding to have less butter, you may choose not to add the chunks of butter in the dish.
- If you prefer an egg-less version, do use the store bought custard.
Thank you for checking my blog out. Subscribe if you like my content and would want weekly updates. Checkout my Instagram account for regular updates. Do tag me on Instagram if you try out my recipes, that would motivate me to keep blogging. Feel free to drop any suggestions or questions. Thank you :)!