Good day to you all!
Recently I stumbled on this recipe by Gemma Stafford as I was looking for recipes to make no yeast bread. It turned out to be perfect and since then I have been baking several batches for my family. I will be sharing the link to her blog because she deserves all the credit. Head to the bonus tips section for the link. However a lot of you kept asking for the recipe so I decided to share it here. She provides a lot of options and this is my version of the options I chose.
- Oats- 42 gm
- Yogurt – 112gm
- Milk -112 ml
- Oil- 28gm
- Honey- 35gm
- Egg- 1 no (large)
- Wholewheat flour (atta) – 200 gm
- Baking powder- 1 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda- a pinch
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- In a bowl, weigh and add all the ingredients of set 1.
- Give it a good mix using a whisk or a fork.
- Cover and set it aside at room temperature for at least 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile weigh the ingredients of set 2 in a big bowl.
- Preheat the oven at 190 degrees Celsius or 200 degrees Celsius (374 degrees Fahrenheit or 408 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Grease a loaf tin or a rectangular mold with oil or butter. You can also place a parchment or a baking paper on the bottom to allow the bread to easily come out of the mold.
- After 45 minutes, mix the ingredients of set 1 in set 2. You should have a thick consistency.
- Pour it in the baking mold immediately as the baking powder and baking soda starts reacting with the wet ingredients. Sprinkle some oats or even some seeds before popping it in the oven.
- Bake at 190 degrees Celsius or 200 degrees Celsius (374 degrees Fahrenheit or 408 degrees Fahrenheit) for 40 minutes.
- This time is perfect if you follow this recipe. However if you reduce or increase the amount of ingredients then adjust time accordingly. Check with a skewer to ensure it is not raw.
- Cool the bread. Remove from mold, slice it up and store it in your refrigerator.
- Happy baking!
- Your bread might be a little dense, but that is because of the whole wheat flour.
- If you want a fluffier bread use 2/3 part refined flour and 1/3 part whole wheat flour.
- Check out the original recipe by Gemma Stafford: https://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/hearty-no-yeast-bread-recipe/
Thank you for checking out my blog. Subscribe for new recipes every week. Checkout my Instagram for regular updates.