Good day to you all!
A perfectly balanced dish, it is perfect for any meal and everyone will love it. This dish is a perfect combination of taste and health. Shrimps or prawns give it that beautiful flavor and the spinach gives this dish its rich green hue.
- Butter: 25 gm
- Garlic: 10 cloves
- Shrimps/ Prawns: 75 gm
- Onion/ Shallots: 2 large
- Flour: 10 gm
- Milk: 50 ml
- Spinach: 100 gm
- Basil: 10- 12 leaves
- Processed cheese: 30 gm
- Salt: as required
- Black pepper: as required
- Italian seasoning: 2 tbsp
- Spaghetti: 100 gm or a handful
- Fine chop the garlic and keep aside. Chop the onions or shallots and keep aside. Grate the cheese and keep aside. Wash and cut the roots away of the spinach leaves. cut the bunch in half and keep aside.
- De-head and de-vein the prawns or shrimps, wash them and keep them aside.
- Heat some water in a saucepan, once the water comes to a boil, add the spinach leaves. Let it blanch for 2 minutes, strain and keep aside. Wash the basil leaves and place in a blender. Add the cooled down spinach leaves and blend it to a smooth paste and keep aside. Do not squeeze the water out of the spinach before blending. Keep the paste aside.
- Heat some water in a saucepan.Add a tbsp of olive oil or refined oil and a tbsp of salt. Once the water comes to a boil, add the spaghetti and cook till well done.
- In a saucepan, add a knob of butter and saute the garlic till it becomes golden in color. Add the shrimps and fry till pink in color. Make sure they are not overcooked else they will become rubbery.
- Remove the shrimps and keep aside. In the same pan, add some more butter and fry the onions till translucent.
- Add the flour and fry till light golden. Add the milk to the pan and cook till it becomes a little thick. Add the spinach and basil paste to the pan.
- Lower the flame, add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and 3/4 of the grated cheese. Cook for 3-4 minutes or till it reaches a saucy consistency,i.e thick and pouring.
- Add the shrimps, cooked spaghetti and combine well. Check the seasonings and remove from flame.
- Your pasta is ready. Garnish with the remaining grated cheese and basil. Enjoy all by itself or a with a slice of toasted garlic bread.
- Do not throw the pasta water away. In case the sauce becomes too thick, add the pasta water to maintain consistency.
- I added fresh basil, you can add some dried basil to the sauce if you want. You can also skip basil altogether. Basil adds a strong flavor to the dish but it is optional.
- You can add Parmesan cheese if you have it, else go ahead with processed cheese.
Thank you for checking my blog out. Like and share if you liked it. Subscribe to my blog for new recipes every week. Follow me on Instagram and tag me if you make any of my dishes.