Good day to you all!
Kolkata is experiencing frequent rains and we Bengalis love to have these pakodas with cha(tea). Make it on those rainy evenings or any time of the day and team it with some cardamom tea and you got yourself a winner.
- Onion- 2 large
- Green chili- 2 nos. (as preferred)
- Besan(gram flour)- 5 tbsp
- Kala jeera( nigella seeds)- 1 tsp
- Baking powder- 1/4 tsp
- Salt- as required
- Poppy seeds- 1 tsp
- Water- 1 to 2 tbsp
- Refined oil- for deep frying
- Black salt- to sprinkle
- Slice up the onions and fine chop the chilies.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Heat up some refined oil in a kadhai and using your fingers, scoop up some mix and drop in the hot oil.
- The shape and size can be altered. I prefer smaller pakodas as they turn out crispier. Fry till golden brown, remove and place on tissue to soak up excess oil.
- Sprinkle black salt or chat masala and you are done! Have it with some puffed rice/ muri and tea.
- Add a tbsp of rice flour if you want it to be crispier.
Thanks for checking out my blog. Subscribe for more such content. Follow my socials for updates.