Good day to you all!
Unavailability of snacks and sweets has led me to some serious chocolate cravings. Are you also craving for some warm molten chocolate oozing out of a cake? I have got you covered. Just make sure you have some chocolate and rest consists of basic staples. Happy baking!
- Flour- 60 gm
- Icing sugar(powdered sugar)- 90 gm
- Cocoa powder- 30 gm
- Baking powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 1/4 tsp
- Water- 120 ml
- Refined oil/ melted butter: 30 ml
- Chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Centigrade or 356 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease your tin molds and keep them ready. I used silicon molds so I didn’t grease it. You can use ramekins, cupcake molds, tiny oven safe bowls.
- Keep your chocolate chunk or block ready.
- In a bowl, sift all the dry ingredients and mix them.
- Add the water and mix using a whisk or a fork. Add the oil or butter and mix well.
- Fill up half of your mold with the batter, then place a chunk of chocolate. Pour the batter on top of it but make sure you cover only 2/3 of the mold so that it leaves room for the cake to rise.
- Bake at 180 degrees Centigrade or 356 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-7 minutes. Alternatively you can skip the preheating and bake it in microwave setting instead of convection for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the lava cake from the mold and serve it hot. You can also serve it in the mold itself. You can dust some icing sugar, add a scoop of ice- cream or even drizzle some syrup over it. I prefer having it as it is.
- If you do not have dark chocolate, place a chunk of any chocolate, it would taste a little different but no one can go wrong with some chocolate.
- While taking out of the oven the top should be firm and cooked but should feel soft.
- If the cake doesn’t come out of the mold, serve it in the mold.
- Do not put any metal mold in microwave option. Silicon molds go well with both types of baking.
- In case you are making smaller portion just convert it to tablespoons. A tablespoon is equivalent to 15 grams.
Do let me know if you bake it in the comments below. Like and share if you liked it:)