Good day to you all!
Hope everyone is safe and is blessed to be with their loved ones in this crisis. I am extremely grateful for being able to bake and feed my loved ones during lock down and being lucky enough to utilize this time doing what I love. Here’s a recipe of these drool-worthy brownies which was shared by one of my best friend. Honestly, do not waste a moment and just bake these treats for yourself.
- Egg- 2 nos
- Castor sugar- 200 gm
- Butter- 110 gm
- Dark chocolate- 75 gm
- Coffee liquid- 1 sachet or 5 gm(optional)
- Flour- 95 gm
- Cocoa powder- 30 gm
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Chocolate chunks- as required
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Walnut- 50 gm(optional)
- In a bowl whisk egg and sugar together till the sugar dissolves and the mixture looks frothy.
- In a separate bowl, melt the dark chocolate. Melt the chocolate in either a double boiler( bowl on top of a bowl filled with water) or in a microwave by stirring it well every 10 seconds. Now add melted butter to the chocolate. Add the coffee powder to a little bit of warm water and make a thick liquid. Add it to the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Add the chocolate butter mixture to the egg mixture and whisk till combined.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Add chopped walnut or any other nuts. Add the salt and chopped chocolate chunks. I added about 50 gm of chocolate chunks, you can alter the amount.
- Grease your mold with oil or butter and place a butter paper or parchment paper in the bottom. I don’t line the sides because I don’t appreciate the creases left by the paper, so I simply use a knife to release it from the sides while de-molding.
- Pour the batter and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Poke using a skewer in the center to check if its done. If not done, increase temperature to 200 degrees Celsius or 392 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let the brownie cool down, demould and cut it into 9 squares or 16 squares as per your portion size preference. Warm it up in microwave for 30 seconds and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce to yourself or your loved ones.
- Checking the doneness of the brownie is done by checking the moistness in the crumb. Your skewer or knife won’t come out clean, juts check if the batter has cooked or not.
- The brownie should be cooled down at room temperature before cutting.
- The bowl used for melting chocolate should be free of water as water results in seizing of chocolate.
- I was not able to buy castor sugar due to lock down so I placed the sugar in a zip-lock bag and crushed it using a rolling pin.
Thanks for checking out my blog. Like, comment and share if you like it and do let me know your feedback.