Good day to you all!
One of the first cake recipes that I have learnt was a pound cake recipe. If you are an amateur this is the perfect cake recipe for you. Go ahead and give it a try today.
- Flour- 100 gm
- Egg- 100 gm or 2 nos
- Icing sugar or powdered sugar- 100 gm
- Butter- 100 gm
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Milk- 3 tbsp
- Vanilla essence- 2 tsp
- Sieve the flour and baking powder and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree centigrade or 356 fahrenheit.
- Grease a cake mould and sprinkle some flour to coat/ use a cooking spray to grease it/ simply grease using oil or fat and line with butter paper.
- In a bowl take butter at room temperature and beat it using a hand beater with the sugar till creamy and a little fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and keep beating till it is incorporated.
- Add the flour and baking powder to it. Beat for some time. Add the milk and vanilla essence. Beat to mix it in.
- Pour the batter into the cake mould and bake for 40 minutes at 180 degree centigrade or 356 fahrenheit.
- Check after 30 minutes if the cake is done or not. If you want a browned top, set the oven at 200 degree centigrade or 392 degree fahrenheit for 7 minutes in the end.
- Temperature and time may vary slightly from oven to oven.
- Serve plain/ dust with icing sugar/ with frosting on top.
- Place cake mold on a rack while baking.
- To check for doneness, poke using a skewer or a knife at the center of the cake.
- It is called a pound cake as all the ingredients weigh a pound. I kept the concept same and reduced the portion.
- You can choose to add nuts.
- You can replace vanilla essence with any other essence for other flavor.
- Use a hand whisk if you do not have a hand beater.