Good day to you all!
I hope you are making the best use of your time in quarantine. I was craving for something sweet but since I am not able to go out, I decided to make some gajar ka halwa at home. It is an Indian sweet dish made of carrots and I am sharing with you a very easy version of this classic.
- Carrots- 170 gm
- Condensed milk- 75gm
- Khoya- 25gm
- Cardamom(elaichi)- 5 nos
- Cashew- 10gm
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Sugar- 20gm
- Wash, peel and grate the carrots. Soak the cashew in water. Crush the cardamom seeds and keep aside. Roughly chop the cashew and keep aside. Grate the khoya and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan. Add the cardamom and cashew to it. Stir till the cashews are golden in colour.
- Add the grated carrots and sugar. Stir for some time, cover and let it cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Check if the carrots are cooked. Add the khoya and condensed milk to it. Mix them well.
- Serve with some grated khoya or some chopped cashews on top.
- Khoya is made of either dried whole milk or milk thickened by heating in an open iron pan.
- I replaced the khoya in the recipe this time with condensed milk as I ran out of it and you can do the same if you don’t have khoya.
- Best served cold but you can serve it as per your preference.
- Buy red carrots as they impart a vibrant color to the dish.
- You can add almonds, pistachios and other nuts if you want.