I went grocery shopping and I noticed a pouch of tandoori mayonnaise at a shop. Not only did I buy it but I also made this nutritious and filling sandwich. You can easily replace the tandoori mayo with plain mayonnaise. You can unleash your creativity and add whichever flavor you want to incorporate to your mayo. I would suggest adding capsico red pepper sauce/ tomato ketchup/ sriracha/ red chilli sauce. I prefer buying a bottle of eggless mayonnaise, but if you are keen on making some yourself, comment below and let me know. I used store bought paneer or cottage cheese, you can also make some at home by adding juice of one lemon to a litre of boiling milk. Let’s dive into the recipe!
- Paneer/ cottage cheese: 80 gm
- Capsicum: 20 gm
- Onion: 10 gm
- Cheese: 60gm
- Tandoori mayonnaise
- Cumin powder
- Refined oil- 1 tbsp
- Grate the paneer and keep aside. Grate the cheese and keep aside.
- Finely chop the onion and capsicum.
- In a pan, heat oil, add the onion and saute till golden in color.
- Add the capsicum and saute for a minute.
- Add the grated cottage cheese, cumin powder, pepper and salt.
- Remove from flame and add the tandoori mayonnaise and cheese. Mix well.
- Spread some tandoori mayonnaise on one bread slice. Place the filling on top of it. Cover with another bread slice.
- Now spread some oil evenly on a sandwich griller using a brush. Place the sandwich and grill till done. Serve hot or cold with some green chutney or ketchup.
- Simply mix in small amounts of desired sauce to the plain mayonnaise to make a spiced mayonnaise.
- If you love cheese, add a cheese slice on top of the filling and grill it.
- In case you do not have a sandwich griller, shallow fry using butter or oil on a pan.
- I used plain bread, you can make it using wholewheat or multigrain bread which are definitely healthier.