Good day to you all!
Praying for all those affected with corona virus and here’s hoping that the number of cases decreases gradually in the next few days. While we are all practicing social distancing at home, let’s not take this time for granted and use it productively. I am a big believer of the concept of “creating more than we consume”. I would highly recommend giving this recipe a try because not only is it fun to make but also because it is delicious. If you do not have sweet potato, go ahead and replace it with the humble potato.
- Sweet potato: 3 large
- Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 2 tbsp
- Italian seasoning – 2 tbsp
- Refined oil – 3 tbsp
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into long strips like french fries.
- Let the sweet potatoes soak in cold water for about ten minutes.
- Drain the water out and dry it using a clean cloth.
- Add all the ingredients and mix it really well.
- I used an air fryer and fried it at 180 degrees centigrade (356 fahrenheit) for 15 minutes and at 200 degrees centigrade (392 fahrenheit) for 10 minutes, tossing and turning it in between.
- If you do not have an air- fryer, bake the sweet potatoes at 200 degrees centigrade (392 fahrenheit) for 40 minutes, turning it in between to get it baked evenly.
- You can also go ahead and deep fry them if that is what your mind is craving for.
- Serve it hot with dips and happy munching.
- Soaking the potatoes makes the fries crunchy.
- You may choose to keep the peel on but I prefer peeling the potatoes.
- Both sweet potato and potato are nutritious in different ways. It is wrong to assume that sweet potatoes are healthier. Look it up online and get all these myths busted or checkout this link: https://www.precisionnutrition.com/sweet-potatoes-vs-potatoes-infographic