Good day to you all!
Being a Bengali, sada aloo’r torkari (potato curry) always takes me back to Sunday mornings at home where we had it with luchi with our family. It is insanely simple and yet so delicious. My mom taught me to cook this dish and I hope you love it. Leave a like and comment if you do like it or make it. Share it with your friends and family.
- Refined oil: 1 tbsp
- Dry red chilli (whole): 1 no.
- Nigella seeds (kalonji or kalo jeere): 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp
- Potato: 2 large
- Water: 1.5 cup
- Salt: as req.
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut the potato into dices.
- In a kadhai or a pan, heat the oil.
- Rip the stem off and cit the chilli into two and add it.
- Add the nigella seeds. Let it fry for a minute.
- Add the potatoes to the kadhai and fry it till light golden in color. Add the red chilli powder and salt.
- Now add water and cover the pan or kadhai. Let the potatoes cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Check if the potatoes are cooked through and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve it with luchi. Comment and let me know if you want a recipe for the luchi as well.
- You can also enjoy it with roti or bread.
- Lower or increase the spice level by adjusting the red chilli powder.
- Similarly adjust water levels to suit your preference of curry.