Good day to you all!
An insanely simple dish for those who want something filling for their lunch or breakfast or whichever time suits them. One also gets a dose of greens from the pesto and who can say no to some cheese? In case you are lactose intolerant and right now shaking your head, well just replace it with chilli mayo or just mayonnaise. If you want a recipe for homemade mayonnaise, let me know in the comments.
- Potato- 2 large
- Cheese- 25 to 30gm
- pesto- 10gm (Here is a link on how to make pesto:-https://alishasdessertsafari.food.blog/2020/02/07/pesto-low-fat-indian-version/ )
- cream(optional)- 2 tbsp
- Wash and cut the potatoes in half. Boil in a pressure cooker till 2 whistles or place it in a microwave for 10 minutes with a glass of water.
- Peel the potatoes and mash them in a bowl. Add the pesto, salt and grated cheese to it. Combine well and keep aside. Add the cream if you want a creamier texture but you can skip it too.
- Take a bread slice and spread the filling inside. Cover with another bread slice.
- Brush or spread butter evenly on the top and grill it for few minutes. Your sandwich is ready!
- You can choose to brush the sandwich with oil if you want.
- You can choose to top it with a cheese slice to add that extra cheesiness to it.