Good day to you all!
Hope your week is going great. I found a type of wild mushroom in my local vegetable market which looks pretty similar to oyster mushroom. I decided to make a flavor packed mushroom broth and it turned out to be delicious. I made a separate broth base which I poured over my veggies and mushroom while serving. Sharing this recipe is like sharing a cozy, warm hug that this broth will make you feel. Let me know if you try it out as it will motivate me to keep going.
Mushroom broth base:
- Garlic cloves- 4 to 5
- Onion- 40 gm or 1 medium size
- Spring onion (base white part)- 20 gm
- Coriander roots- 5 gm
- Mushroom (chopped)- 25 gm
- Soya sauce- 1 tsp
- Water- 500 ml
- Sesame oil- 2 tbsp
Vegetable and Mushrooms base:
- Garlic(sliced)- 2 cloves
- Ginger(chopped)-3 gm
- Carrot(sliced)- 30 gm
- Cos lettuce(sliced)-50 gm
- Spring onion(sliced)-10 gm
- Coriander( rough chop)- 5 stems
- Wild mushroom(rough chop)- 200 gm
- Sesame oil- 1 tbsp
- Green chilli(sliced)- 2 to 3
- All purpose seasoning
Mushroom broth base
- Heat up some sesame oil in a heavy bottomed sauce pan. Add in the garlic and saute till golden.
- Add the onion and stir till translucent. Add the chopped wild mushrooms and fry for some time.
- Add in the spring onion and coriander. Add the water to the pan along with the soya sauce.
- Let is simmer for five to seven minutes.
- Adjust the seasonings and let it simmer for a further few minutes.
- Strain and keep the broth aside.
Vegetable and Mushroom base:
- Heat up some sesame oil in the same pan. Add in the ginger and garlic.
- Saute in high heat. Add the carrot and saute.
- Add in the mushrooms and saute. Wait till the water released by the mushroom dries up.
- Add the spring onions, green chilli, coriander and lettuce and toss lightly.
- Adjust the seasonings.
- Add a splash of lemon juice and remove from flame.
Divide the veggies and mushrooms into two bowls and pour the hot broth on top. Enjoy!
- The mushrooms are chopped instead of being sliced so as to emphasize it as well as to impart maximum flavor and mouth feel.
- The carrots are to be sauteed first as it takes longer to cook.
- Sesame oil is used for flavor, you can replace it with refined or olive oil.
- The roots of coriander has bags of flavor and is therefore used to flavor the broth here.
- The broth may or may not be thickened with a starch such as pasta, rice or cornflour dissolved in water.