Happy new year to everyone!
2020 is here and I am sure everyone is working on their resolutions of sticking to a healthy diet and exercising regularly. But in between all that, how about a cheat day?
Sounds good right? I am sure making your very own batch of chocolate chip cookies sounds even better. I can assure you the smell of baked cookies is enough to make your hard work all worth it.
So I’ll start off with the recipe:
- Flour- 100 gm
- Milk- 20 ml
- Butter- 60 gm
- Castor sugar- 100 gm
- Baking powder- 2 gm
- Chocolate chip- 30 gm
- In a bowl, mix the butter( kept at room temperature) and the castor sugar till the sugar dissolves.
- Now add in the milk to it and mix using a spatula.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Mix lightly till all the ingredients are mixed properly. Then add in the chocolate chips.
- Now take the mixture and make small balls. Place the balls on a baking tray.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 200 degree Celsius/ 400 degree Fahrenheit
- Refrigerate for about half an hour.
- Now bake at 200 degree Celsius/ 400 degree for around 30- 40 minutes.
- Take the cookies out of the oven before it is done and let the remaining baking get done from the heat of the baking tray itself. If you want your cookies crunchy cook till it is done and after it cools the cookies become very crunchy.
- The smell will be tempting you but have the cookies only after it cools down as then it is easier to take them out of the baking tray.
- The mixing of butter and sugar is known as creaming.
- Refrigerating the shaped cookies prevents the cookies from spreading during baking and helps it to hold shape.
- The chocolate chips have lower amount of fat in them and their melting temperature is very high, therefore they do not melt during baking.
Thank you for checking my blog out. Subscribe if you like my content and would want weekly updates. Checkout my Instagram accounts for regular updates.